1. Home
  2.  » Alternative Dispute Resolution

Finding A Better Path To Divorce

Few people truly understand the toll that divorce will take on themselves and their children. The traditional process is emotional and often far more complex than many families anticipate. Things often spin out of control as negotiations drag on and the matter goes to court.

It doesn’t need to be that way. Alternative dispute resolution provides couples a more peaceful avenue to ending their marriage and working together toward a mutually agreed-upon divorce settlement.

I am St. Paul mediator and arbitrator Mike Black. Over the last 20 years, I have provided mediation and alternative dispute resolution (ADR) services in more than 1,000 cases across the metro area. Many Twin Cities attorneys refer their clients to me for efficient, results-based family law mediation.

The divorce process is not simple, but if you are ready to work through it and move on to the next chapter of your life, I can help.

Which ADR Procedure Would Work Best For You?

ADR refers to methods for resolving disputes outside of traditional litigation. In the divorce process, using mediation or the services of a neutral evaluator can prove highly beneficial for couples seeking efficiency, flexibility and privacy.

This is especially the case for those who wish to part amicably and do not want to endure a lengthy and drawn-out court battle.

No one knows your family and its needs better than you and your spouse. Choosing to mediate your divorce outside of court can foster a creative environment, in which you are allowed more flexibility and freedoms than a judge can offer.

I am skilled in helping clients keep costs and emotions low by helping them explore ADR options and taking a path that is more suited to their needs and financial considerations.

Contact Mike Black For More Information

You can choose to contact me via email, but I also welcome phone calls. Oftentimes, by engaging in a short dialog, I can help individuals better understand their situation and the steps they need to take. Call my St. Paul Office at 651-222-2587.